Some tips to help you enjoy your recreation experience...
- Be Careful with Fire! Never leave your campfire unattended. When you leave, put it out, dead out! See Forest Orders for any current fire restrictions. Click here to listen to the 30 second Campfire Podcast or here for the transcript.
- FIREWORKS are not allowed on the National Forest.
- Bag your trash and take it home with you. Help us keep our forests clean and green by "Packing It Out!"
- When camping or picnicking, please keep your site clean, free from trash and food. Otherwise animals and insects are attracted to your site.
- Human waste is a big problem when thousands of people converge on the Forest. Please see Leave No Trace - Dispose of Waste Properly for detailed instructions on handling this "delicate" situation.
Driving motorized vehicles on the Forest
Keep motor vehicles on designated routes and areas. If you plan on camping, driving off-highway vehicles, hunting, or exploring the backcountry, get a free Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) to know which roads are open to motor vehicle use. Know before you go. This map is also available for download on the Avenza app.
With your help, we can protect our natural resources for future generations. Thank you!